As every year there is a selection of concerts and performances planned for this summer in our capital city. Ljubljana will host several music festivals as well as a puppet and a theatre festival.
1. Summer in Ljubljana old town has started on 17th June and it will take place during the whole summer. Classical music concerts are organised in churches, courtyards and open squares in the town centre. As every year the Night in Ljubljana Old town event will conclude this festival with outdoor concerts between 28th and 30th August.
2. 55th Ljubljana Jazz festival is happening this year between 2nd and 5th July at Cankarjev dom and Križanke. Some big names are planned to perform this year as well.
3. Mini summer international puppet and children’s theatre festival is held every Sunday from 21st June until the end of summer at various venues around Ljubljana. Workshops or performances, you will find interesting events to follow with your children or on your own.
4. Ana Desetnica, street theatre festival is happening between 2nd and 5th July on the streets and squares around Ljubljana city centre. Every year this international festival brings together street artists, clowns, musicians, dancers and jugglers from all over the world. All performances are free of charge.
5. Ljubljana Festival has a long tradition of top artistic events during summer in Ljubljana. Concerts, opera and ballet performances by internationally renowned artists have been scheduled for this year as well. Most of the performances are happening at Križanke theatre.