As a green destination, Slovenia is a perfect choice for an activity holiday. You can choose from a wide selection of hiking, cycling and rafting organised tours, or you can take long walks on numerous walking and biking trails. Here are a few ideas where to go for sports holiday in Slovenia:
You can choose from more than 10.000 km of marked walking and hiking trails all over the country. The best areas for walking are:
– Julian Alps and Triglav National Park with the highest mountains in Slovenia offer numerous possibilities for hiking. The views are breathtaking wherever you go. Check my favourite places: Bohinj lake, Pokljuka plateau (an excellent spot in winter for cross country skiing), Bled Vintgar Gorge,
– Velika planina near Kamnik,
– Pohorje plateau in the East of Slovenia,
– Logarska valley in the Kamnik Alps,
– Hilly region of Dolenjska.
Cycling and mountain biking
In the breathtaking Alpine valleys, around the misterious glacial lakes, over the sunny vineyards hills, through the picturesques villages, with a guide or on your own:
– Bled and Bohinj lakes,
– Mojstrana – Kranjska gora,
– Karst region,
– Adriatic coast,
– by the Kolpa river in the South.
Look for more ideas and offers to join a group of cyclists or contact us if you need some help to organise your cycling trip.
Rafting, kayaking, canoë
– Emerald valley of the Soca river,
– Sava Bohinjka river,
– Krka river in the South-East.